Tell someone else to do something in a manner between a suggestion and a command. It’s a bit stronger than a suggestion, but less strong than a direct command.
- Used to instruct or suggest someone do something
- Equivalent to "Please do..."
- Stronger than ~아/어 보세요 ("Why don't you try...")
- Weaker than ~(으)세요 ("Do, please")
- ONLY: imperative/propositive sentences so cannot use ~아/어서 to give a reason in first clause
- Can answer with: ~도록 하겠습니다 "I will do so.")
Liked it? Take a second to support Aaron on Patreon!