One of my favorite parts of living in Korea is the celebration of the Lunar New Year. This gives me a bit of a runway to get my New Year’s Resolutions going. After all, the holiday season is quite busy. I may consider New Year’s goals at that time, but I don’t usually have enough […]
Our second giveaway of 2019 is a large 620-page book featuring interviews with 35 special people who have done much to spread Korean culture across the globe. The book features pop stars, musicians, artists, adventurers, farmers, politicians, athletes, writers, translators, doctors, CEOs, chefs, and more. It was reported on in more detail in The Korea […]
Over the next few months, I’m going to be doing some cleanup on this site to prepare for the “next stage” in its life. A few things I’m going to focus on:
- Site(s) cleanup – a few people have found a place to create subsites of this one. This is a feature that is not yet (supposed to be) available, so those sites will be deleted. In the future, I may allow paying members to create their own subsites, but not yet.
- Plugins cleanup – some plugins (functionality) are making parts of this site run slowly or not function well. I’m going to minimalize the plugins this site depends on in order to streamline it. (So some things may break – send me a message if they do.)
- Site restructuring – I’m going to streamline the content as well to make for better reading and finding of information – beginning with Menus and Categories (today).
- New theme – I’m (still) in the middle of creating a new theme for the next cycle of this site. Hopefully we’ll get that implemented shortly.
- Grammar plugin – I’m planning to pull all the Grammar posts out of the normal Posts and separate them into their own area for better organization and management of the grammar points.
Logistically speaking, the following also need to be updated:
- Better SEO – This means going back through the old Posts, editing, updating, and improving SEO.
- Better Backups – possibly including separating out the Media files to a separate domain (should also improve page load time)
Truly, “thoughts are things,” and powerful things at that, when they are mixed with definiteness of purpose, persistence, and a burning desire for their translation into riches or other material objects.—Napoleon Hill, Think and Grow Rich I recently had the pleasure of reading the book Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill again. The first […]
Every New Year, most people around the world like to take stock of their lives and consider new goals (or resolutions) for the upcoming year. But, there are a couple of problems with the way most people approach New Year’s Resolutions. Common Problems Not writing your goals down (you are 42% more likely to accomplish […]
한국어와 한국문화 중급2 Publication Date: 2013.12
The following is a list of all the Grammar Points covered in the KIIP Level 4 classes. The list is provided for quick reference.
Your book may be slightly different than the one I used if you’re accessing this list after 2017 (already on publication version 2).
# Chapter title Grammar 1 결혼 1. N(이)야말로
2. V(으)려던 참이다
2 영화와 드라마 1. 얼마나 V/A(으)ㄴ지/는지 모르다
3 생활과 인터넷 1. V/A(으)ㄹ 줄 몰랐다/알았다
2. V게 하다
4 가족의 변화 1. V/A대요
2. V(으)래요 / [동]재요
5 한국의 교육 1. 사동사
6 문화 차이 1. V/A(으)ㄹ수록
2. A(으)ㄴ가 보다 / V나 보다
7 직장 생활 1. V/A든지 V/A든지
8 사건과 사고 1. V는 바람에
2. V는 김에
9 한국의 경제 1. V느니 차라리
11 신문과 방송 1. V/Aㄴ/는다면서요
12 이민 생활 1. N치고
13 한국인의 사고방식 1. V(으)ㄹ래야 V(으)ㄹ 수 없다
14 꿈과 미래 1. V/A았/었더라면
15 한국의 선거 1. V/A(으)ㄹ 리가 없다
2. V/A(으)나 마나
16 환경 보호 1. N(으)로 인해서
2. V/A(으)ㄹ 뿐 아니라
17 한국의 명소와 유적지 1. V곤 하다
18 인구 변화 1. V/A(으)ㄹ 지도 모른다
2. V/A(으)ㄴ/는 셈이다
19 법과 질서 1. V/A기 마련이다
2. V/A(으)ㄴ/는 탓에