Our second giveaway of 2019 is a large 620-page book featuring interviews with 35 special people who have done much to spread Korean culture across the globe. The book features pop stars, musicians, artists, adventurers, farmers, politicians, athletes, writers, translators, doctors, CEOs, chefs, and more.
It was reported on in more detail in The Korea Herald here and the full list of interviewees and contents is visible on the Giveaway page.
The interviews are translated into both English and Korean (English chapters come first and include all the photos), so it’s a great way to study Korean by having 35 dual-language short story interviews you can read.
The book is divided into 3 sections, and some notable standouts from among them include:
1: Culture & Art
- Soprano Sumi Jo
- Violinist Chung Kyung-wha
- Korean-Australian “X Factor” winner Dami Im
- Creator of “Robocar Poli” Jun-young Eum
- Creator of “Dooly” Soo-jung Kim
2: Human Story
- Former Filipino President Fidel Ramos
- Korean volleyball player in Europe Kim Yeon-koung
- Founder of Juno Hair: Kang Yoon-sun
- CEO of Sempio Foods Company Park Jin-sun
- Mountain climber/adventurer James Hooper
- Another Korea.net blogger I met who translates Korean literature Sophie Bowman