Learning with Texts is officially ready on our website!
Registered users are now able to log in and use this service to improve their reading and listening skills. Below you’ll find two helpful videos, some tips, and some links to get you started using LWT!
The Initial Setup
Once again, here is the link for Korean Fluency that gives more in-depth instructions about setting up LWT (and the proper dictionary/sentence-splitting codes): http://www.koreanfluency.com/learning-with-texts/
You can also copy those codes below:
- RegExp Split Sentences: .!?:;。！？：；
- RegExp Word Characters: 가-힣ᄀ-ᇂ
I’ve also found there’s a pretty good “Open Dictionary” similar to English’s Urban Dictionary where users can define slang terms. Here’s the dictionary link you can use for that dictionary if your want (as well as the other two dictionary links):
- Naver Eng/Kor: http://endic.naver.com/search.nhn?isOnlyViewEE=N&query=###
- Naver Kor/Kor: http://krdic.naver.com/search.nhn?kind=all&scBtn=true&query=###
- Open/Slang: http://kin.naver.com/search/list.nhn?section=openkr&query=###
Getting Started with Files
You’ll need to do three simple things to use LWT to its full potential:
- Import a text (copy-and-paste)
- Link to an audio file
- Open the file and click on the blue words to define them
3 Good Ideas for LWT
As I mentioned in the videos above, I have really been enjoying doing the TalkToMeInKorean.com’s Iyagi series in LWT. However, there are different needs for different people and different skills levels as well. That being said, here are 3 great ideas for using Learning with Texts with both Text AND Audio:
- Upload music lyrics and link to the MP3 songs on Dropbox
- Use TTMIK’s Iyagi series and the FREE MP3s and PDFs they provide
- Use Daum TV News Media like KoreanFluency.com does (a script is included with the video and the webmaster at KoreanFluency.com outlines the steps he uses to get the video into audio format)
Well, I hope that gives you some good ideas to start using (and prospering) with Learning With Texts! Happy studies!