Download this week’s Vocab/Grammar Review Sheet:
Most Important Things We Went Over This Week
- No imperative or propositive sentences: -아/어서 (general reasons), ~때문에 (because)
- ~으니까 (subjective reason or providing basis for a reason) and CANNOT be used with greeting words (but -아/어서 can be)
- 주세요 = statement/ 주시겠어요? = question
- 줄게요 = statement/ 줄께요? = question
- ~아/어 보다 = have had that experience (have tried it)
- ~ㄴ 적이 있다/없다 = ~ㄴ 일이 있다/없아 = have had that experience (can’t be used to describe everyday activities like eating)
- ~을까요? = Shall we? Shall I? Do you want me to? Why don’t we?
- -(으)ㅂ시다 can’t be used to older people or in formal settings – have to use 같이 -(으)세요 then.
- -(으)ㄹ래요? vs. -(으)실래요? vs. -(으)시겠어요? = from least to most formal
- -지 않을래요? basically means “don’t you want to?” and = (으)ㄹ래요?
Things that Need More Conversation Practice
- -아/어서 (general reasons) vs. ~때문에 vs. ~으니까
- 주세요/주시겠어요? and 줄게요/줄께요?
- Describing experiences you have or haven’t had.
- Making suggestions to people. (Writing for this week).
Things that Need Quizzed
- Which one is the question, which the answer? 주세요/주시겠어요 and 줄게요/줄께요.
- Difference between 때문에 and 이기 때문에.
- Which other grammar structure is the same as ~ㄴ 적이 있다/없다?
- What do you say instead of -(으)ㅂ시다 in a formal setting?