Although previously this section has always been titled “Inspiration”, I find that as I get further into my studies with TOPIK that “Information” is a more appropriate title. Therefore, I will use the two interchangeably from now on depending on context.
논설문 채점 기준 (Editorial Essay Grading Standards)
These tips are taken from the EBS book 토픽 쓰기 100점 받자! There are generally X things to remember when writing this essay (Question Type 4 in the TOPIK – 600-700 characters):
“제시된 주제를 정확하게 파악해 동희하거나 반박하는 등 자신의 입장을 정하여 글을 분량에 맞게 적절한 내용으로 쓰는 문제입니다.”
- Above all, understand the main idea of the question – what is it asking you to write about specifically?
- Choose whether to agree or disagree with the position presented – then support that position with good topic sentences and supporting points and examples
- Write the RIGHT amount (not less than 600 characters and not more than 700 characters) – you’ll lose points if you are outside the target length
|내용 및 과제 수행 (12점)||12-9점||8-5점||4-0점|
|글의 전개 구조 (12점)||12-9점||8-5점||4-0점|
|언어 / 문법 사용(13x2) = 26점||13-10점 (x2)||9-6점 (x2)||5-0점 (x2)|
|Contents and Task Performance (12 pts)||12-9 pts||8-5 pts||4-0 pts|
|Composition Structure (12 pts)||12-9 pts||8-5 pts||4-0 pts|
|Use of vocabulary / grammar (13x2) = 26pts||13-10 pts (x2)||9-6 pts (x2)||5-0 pts (x2)|
|50-35 pts||34-19 pts||18-0 pts|
답안 작성 방법 (How to Write Answers)
- Be sure you fully understand the question and write about the question. Unrelated contents = minus points
- Use an intro(도입)-body(전개)-conclusion(마무리) style format. When you change ideas, change paragraphs
- Although Advanced grammar and vocab is better, it’s much better to use Intermediate language WELL than use Advanced language POORLY
- You MUST use particles (조사 = 은/는, 을/를) appropriately and avoid oral forms and catchphrases. Do not write with “~ㅂ/습니다” or “~아/어요” rather write with “~(ㄴ/는)다” as newspapers do
- Practice organizing your thoughts on a variety of social topics (second-hand smoke, abortion, gay marriage, etc) – i.e. do previous TOPIK Writing questions for practice
- ALWAYS write an outline (개요) with intro(도입)-body(전개)-conclusion(마무리) to help you organize your ideas
|등급 (Rating)||내용 및 과제수행|
(Contents and Task Performance) (7 pts)
(Structure) (7 pts)
(Language Use) (16 pts)
|상 (High)||A||11-12||11-12||12-13 (x2)|
|중 (Mid)||C||7-8||7-8||8-9 (x2)|
|하 (Low)||E||3-4||3-4||4-5 (x2)|
Get familiar with the TOPIK Grading Standards for the Editorial type essay and start practicing your writing according to the standards.
Over to you:
How is your Writing coming? I haven’t actually done much this week yet, but am hoping to get into a regular rhythm of Writing once I get off my summer schedule. Let me know how you’re doing in the Comments below or on social media with #120TOPIK.